儒家: 《論語》 (公元前480年 – 公元前350年)
“The Analects of Confucius“ (480-350 BC) English translations by James Legge, or Leonard A. Lyall.
Confucius said, “The superior man has nine things which are subjects with him of thoughtful consideration:
- In regard to the use of his eyes, he is anxious to see clearly.
- In regard to the use of his ears, he is anxious to hear distinctly.
- In regard to his countenance, he is anxious that it should be benign.
- In regard to his demeanor, he is anxious that it should be respectful.
- In regard to his speech, he is anxious that it should be sincere.
- In regard to his doing of business, he is anxious that it should be reverently careful.
- In regard to what he doubts about, he is anxious to question others.
- When he is angry, he thinks of the difficulties (his anger may involve him in).
- When he sees gain to be got, he thinks of righteousness.”
【Alternative translation】Confucius said, “A gentleman has nine aims [9 thoughts about his deeds] : To see clearly; to understand what he hears; to be warm in manner, dignified in bearing, faithful of speech, keen at work; to ask when in doubt; in anger to think of difficulties; and in sight of gain to think of right.”